Monday 1 August 2011

Things Come And Go

I realise that in my last post I implied writing about boys & girls being besties next, but then the topic of friendship came to my head and wouldn’t leave. How do you define friendship? Is it the person you talk to everyday on the phone? Or the people that are unfailingly present, whether it’s to go clubbing or help you through a rough patch?
Definitely there are different friends for different things, we have the friends that always cook, the ones that know the bouncers to everywhere and get us in places for free, but in this post I’m going to focus on BEST FRIENDS.

‘Best friend’ is not a term I like to use loosely; I’m talking about people you feel are genuinely your soul mates both male and female. (Yes, yes I know I’m being sentimental, BITE ME!) For me I don’t need to talk to them everyday and they may not know my life down to every minute detail, but when it comes to things that matter they are absolutely 100% there.

Recently I lost two of my best friends due to circumstances I feel were beyond my control, pretty much at the same time as well & this got me questioning a lot of things like ‘Were they ever really my friends?’ ‘Was the relationship one sided?’ ‘How is it that they seem fine with this when I’m clearly not?’ I’m sure we’ve all been here once or twice in our lives, when doubt and confusion starts to creep in but a good friend said to me “Never regret something that once made you smile.” I guess he was right, I try not to live my life with any regrets, mistakes have been made and I must learn from them.

This doesn’t mean I wasn’t still torn up over what happened and in some ways I still am, especially on nights like tonight. But I was talking to my mum and something she said struck me and has stayed with me since “Sometimes childhood friends outgrow each other, what’s important, is for you to stay in the background of their lives, another window of opportunity may come your way” So now I’m here, waiting patiently for my next window with both or one of them if God ordains it. The important thing to note here is that, not everyone is supposed to be in your life forever. We need to be wise in deciding what friendships are worth fighting for and I hope I’m making the right choice! Growing up can be hard but I know everything happens for a reason and NO I’m not superstitious, not really anyways..

If ever they read this and know whom they are, I love you guys, always will.

Okay no more sentiments tonight, I’m sure id be back to my usual self by morning :D

No comments:

Post a Comment