Sunday 30 October 2011

Amen


Also I’ve been doing some writing! Decided to share with you a little bit of something something I’ve been working on. I don’t really know what to call this piece, it’s not really a poem but kind of is.. you know.. one of ‘those’ here goes:

 Amen
As usual I crawl into bed after daddy’s gone to work,
Lying there together you say a quick prayer for me,
You always want nothing but the best for me.
But this morning you sense something is different,
The “Amen’s” are coarser, quicker with less feeling.
“May the Lord grant you all your hearts desires” my heart breaks.
Now the tears are rolling down hot and fast, completely soaking your silk blouse.
Wrapped in your arms you tell me I’m your beautiful baby girl
I’m 19 and gifted, being heartbroken never lasts too long.
Then why does every minute I don’t hear his voice feel like an eternity?
Every time I re-read the text that terminated us, feel like my obituary?


Okay that’s it for now! Bye! Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment