Tuesday 4 December 2012

Smile More!


*sigh* last time I checked it was the beginning of a new term and I was coming of age! I never understand how time flies so quickly once school starts. This last week has been particularly stressful but now that all that is over and in the hands of the Most High life can go on! Three weeks ago (seriously someone tell me, where does the time go??) I got a comment on my blog that made me want to write again I remember seeing it in passing but I read it properly a few days ago and promised myself that after my final deadline today I’d write a blog post but then the universe seemed to have alternate plans for me. You see, I’m exhausted! Three deadlines in one week is no joke! I’ve spent so much time staring at computer screens and typing that the thought of doing the same thing in the name of blogging seemed revolting! But still I persevered, I must write a blog post today!

So I thought to myself, I’d write a post on the train to Edinburgh before I see my beloved Kokiroks. Now I’m not trying to be boujis or anything but everyone who has ever been on a Virgin Train knows that no other train line can EVER match up! So here I am, already disappointed that Virgin Trains don’t go to Edinburgh, I decided to get to the station early so I can get a nice table seat with a view; I don’t know what I was thinking about with the view the nights have been getting longer and longer this part of the world. So the train arrives on the platform and whaddyaknow, it’s PACKED! Like a tin of sardines type of packed, think London Underground during rush hour, I can feel people breathing my oxygen and I just want to steal it back and tell the oxygen thieves to get their own! Have I mentioned that I’m starving? But guess what this train also doesn’t have? A food carriage! So boujis me is now super pissed!

Standing with my weekend bag, Rihanna’s new album blaring in my ears (Album review soon? Perhaps). The ticket inspector then proceeds to enter my carriage and request for all our tickets, remember how packed the train is? Ridiculous! What’s the point of having both the ticket barrier and then an inspector? KMT. As he approaches me I pause my music and off-handedly pass him the ticket to which he responds “Smile girl, you’re a star!” For some reason his words really did put me in a much better mood and whether that was his intention or not, it worked! It made me think of everything I had to be grateful for and the amazing relaxing weekend I was about to enjoy with one of my bestos. After about an hour the train has freed up and I’ve got a seat, table even! So here I am, blogging away, just like I planned!

I guess what I’m trying to say is we should all be thankful in any situation, it could almost always be worse. So thank you Kiki, Kokiroks and the Ticket Inspector for brightening up my day!

Give More, Love More, Smile More J (What wold you say if I told you the former two were common Zimbabwean names? Google it! LOL).

Love,
Morenike

P.S. Procrastination should be the 8th deadly sin.. I wrote this post over a week ago! Anyways, here are some pictures from Edinburgh, as usual I forgot my actual camera so had to make do with my iPhone 4 shitty camera! :)
Edinburgh Castle, it looks so much better in real life!

They have so many steps they even give them names.. It was quite the work out I must say!

Almost every building has this archaic/daunting/horror movie feel to it! Quite different from the bright lights of Manchester!

Definitely a scene from Harry Potter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment