Thursday 6 September 2012

Red Skies


One of my more recent poems, would really appreciate some feedback so leave some comments please! :) 

Red skies at night, sailors delight;
Thoughts of azure mornings,
Stretching for thousands of miles.
In his eyes I see love, desire and pleasure
Sure as the days promised light,
Nothing can spoil this,
In him, is the rest of me.

Red skies in the morning, sailors warning;
Clouds, dark and roaring take over the skies.
What has become of my lovers tongue?
Should he spew venom alone?
Of lust, anger and debauchery?
Whatever happened to his warm eyes?
I do not recognize him.

Tonight my sky is starless,
Charcoal as the demon,
That painted it so.
My heart is restless,
It beats an unsteady rhythm like the lips of my lover;
One moment cursing,
And the other caressing.

Oh how I long for the dusk to come,
Where I shall reunite with my scarlet knight.

No comments:

Post a Comment