Tuesday 14 August 2012

Dangerous Hair Things and Moscato Boys: My Experiences in Atlanta


Last week while I was in Atlanta was possibly the most eventful week of my summer so far! Met some fabulous new people that definitely gave me the almost full South experience! I was preyed on by thirsty guys in the club, which by the way, I was not allowed to take my comb into. (more on this later). I got schooled in the art of twerking and “beefing it up” which in turn gave me a new found appreciation for ratchet music! I was involved in a full street fight a la Erica, Lil Scrappy, Stevie J and Joseline from Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta and I got to go shopping and taste the infamous Georgia sweet tea! Sadly I never made it to World of Coke or the Lennox mall, but not to worry, next time!

My favourite part of the whole stay definitely had to be the street -fight night out.

As sure girls we arrived at 1.45 a.m. At the door as usual they ask for I.D. and payment and also search your bags. This bag search definitely threw me off; surely I don’t look harmful in any way! But still the search was mandatory, the lady bouncer; a short stocky woman of about 30-something, then proceeds to tell me that I can’t take my comb into the club because it had too many pointy edges.



I suppose I can see how this can be used as a weapon, but more importantly it begs the question, what kind of people go to this club? I can’t lie I was scared when I was entering the club, by now I had a picture in my head of a jail cell with ratchet girls and their jacked up weaves and boys who wore their pants way too low to be socially acceptable.

Before I tell you about what I actually saw in the club I have to deliver the warning lecture I received from a concerned member of the party. The lesson only had 1 rule, DO NOT COLLECT ROSE OR MOSCATO FROM ANYBODY. No not because they might have spiked it as you may think but because by opening the bottle without reading the small print you’re signing your night over to one “sweet” guy. Here’s the typical scenario:

Girl arrives at the club looking cute with all her girlfriends. Guy approaches them looking all swarve and offers them the bottle of Rose or Moscato just to be nice and help them let loose for the night. Let us recall, he’s not a thirsty n*gga, infact he’s even sort of cute! So he delivers the bottle or better yet gets a bartender to deliver it and leaves the girls to drink it in peace. Just that he hasn’t really left them in peace. Standing out of view but so he can watch them he watches the girls pop open the bottle and begin drinking. Unfortunately she didn’t read the small print. You see, if she had held the bottle in the light so she could read the inside of the label, she would have seen the words “The opening of this bottle signs you over to the buyer for the rest of the time at the club and up till 11 a.m.”

Guy: **evil laugh** the contract has been irrevocably signed.

So the girls are all laughing and dancing and having a swell time and if he’s a baller like that he might even send over a couple more bottles. Assuming the club closes at 4, at 3.30 sharp the boy goes back to the ‘Georgia Peach’ of his eye. For those who don’t know, the state of Georgia is very proud of its peaches so to be the Georgia Peach, you must be the crème de la crème! So anyways, the boy goes back to the peach of his eye and starts tugging on her arm.

Girl: Oh hey! Thanks for all the bottles, it’s been a great night.
Guy: Yea, so you finna chill at my crib?
Girl: **nervous laugh** No, I’m going to my girls house tonight.
Guy: **still pulling on her arm** Come on let’s go, you drank my Rose/Moscato, 3 bottles at that. You’re coming with me.

At this point, the girls friends either have to form Voltron and get him away the way girls usually do or if the girl is somehow on her own she has to honour the contract she signed!

I must say, the club looked nothing like a jail cell and though there were the usual array of ratchet girls and thirsty boys, fortunately I was never offered a bottle of Moscato/Rose in my time at Cream Ultra Lounge and neither did I need to use my comb as a weapon!

Bisous.

No comments:

Post a Comment